FA Level 1 and Video Sports Reporter Courses
Applications now open for Brent residents
The FA Level 1 Coaching course, leading to the achievement of the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Football qualification, is the first stepping-stone on the core coaching pathway. It will provide you with an introduction to coaching the game and working with players from under 7 upwards. You will gain insight into the game in England, how it is played and how you can coach to better support the development of future players. The course of learning is made up of eight guided learning, face-to-face workshops covering a range of topics.
The Video Sports Reporter course is for those who wish to learn or further their skills and gain practical experience as an aspiring video reporter, journalist or media student. The course is designed to train, facilitate and co-ordinate the production of exciting and relevant video in content in the Brent community, with the video sports reporter as the star performer.
FA Level 1 Coaching course:
- 3-week coaching course.
- Sessions will take place every Monday, Wednesday and Friday evening and will last up to 3.5 hours.
- Classes will take place in locations in Brent.
- Participants will be expected to attend all sessions.
- On completion, awarded 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Football qualification.
If you are also interested in the FA Level 2 Coaching course, please express an interest at email@example.com and we will get back to you with available course dates.
Video Sports Reporter course:
- 4-week training course.
- Sessions will take place every week in the evening and will last up to 2 hours.
- Sessions will take place in locations mainly in Brent.
- Participants will be expected to attend a minimum of 3 out of 4 sessions.
The 3-week FA Level 1 Coaching course will start on 13 January 2020.
The 4-week Videos Sports Reporter course will be every Wednesday from 19 February 2020. On completion of the course participants will start practicing their skills in the Brent community from March 2020.
- Whilst we are encouraging applications from underrepresented groups, the programme is open to all Brent residents aged 16+.
- Both courses are open to both male and female applicants.
We’re looking for an enthusiasm, creativity and passion for coaching and/or video sports reporting.
Apply for a place
Positions on the FA Level 1 Coaching and Video Sports Reporter courses are now open for application.
FA Level 1 Coaching applications need to be submitted by 23:59 on 29 December 2019. All applicants will be notified by 06 January 2020 if they have been successful or not.
If you have missed the deadline, you can still apply for future courses.
Video Sports Reporter applications need to be submitted by 23:59 on 24 January 2020. All applicants will be notified by 29 January 2020 if they have been successful or not.